Properly secure the knives in the cutterhead and check that safety set screws are locked in before mounting on the machine.
Knife Changing Procedure
- Loosen out the safety set screws, use the 3mm hexagon spanner.
- Use the hexagon spanner to punch, gently tap down, and slide the segmented gib to release the knife.
- Install new knife or reverse current knife for new edge. Make sure the planing knife is properly seated on the bead.
- Punch the segment gib again, it will automatically secure the knife precisely in place.
- Tighten the two safety set screws.