OSI Machinist III
The Machinist III position is responsible for the successful operation of tasks assigned to them and as outlined in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities section of this job description. This may or may not include ordering tooling and inventory items; this does include machine set up and assuring accuracy and quality of parts. Performing maintenance, repairs on machines. Assisting others to grow and advance their skills. Machinists assembles, repairs and fabricates metallic and nonmetallic parts, by operating mechanical equipment. Fits and assembles machined parts sub-part and/or complete units. Using blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. Applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques, operating conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate machines to produce parts
- Program jobs using on FeatureCam
- Set-up CNC and Manual machines, write programs as needed
- Design, engineer products for production
- Assist with quoting of orders as needed
- Weld, silver soldier, fabricate products
- Forklift operations
- Inventory order placing, maintain tool inventory
- Quality Control and order accuracy verification.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor others that are progressing up in the company.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Successful completion of Machinist I and II positions and 10+ years of machine shop experience
- Expert level experience programming and operating CNC and Manual machines
- Order and inventory experience
- Possess strong mathematical skills
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Must work as part of a team, with behavior that upholds company values and standards
- Promote safety and adhere to safety standards of the company
Job Type: Full-time